Our Core Values as a Care Church
- We care about… Honouring God the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit and having the right personal relationship with our triune God. (Mt:28:19)
- We care about… Our Christ-centred life. As Jesus called us to follow Him and to make disciples of all nations – by our Christ-like character in our words and deeds. (Mt 28:18-20)
- We care about… Our spirit-filled life; knowing that without the Holy Spirit we can do nothing and we need Him to transform us and to empower us to live for Jesus. (Acts 1:8)
“And my message and my preaching were very plain. Rather than using clever and persuasive speeches, I relied only on the power of the Holy Spirit. I did this so you would trust not in human wisdom but in the power of God.” (1 Cor 2:4-5 NLT)
- We care about… God’s Word as revealed in the Bible to be the final authority of our lives together.
“Study this Book of Instruction continually. Meditate on it day and night so you will be sure to obey everything written in it. Only then will you prosper and succeed in all you do.” (Josh 1:8 NLT)
- We care about… Our prayer life as we are a people of faith trusting that as we look to God then He will enable us to fulfil His will for our church and our lives.
“And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him.” (Heb 11:6 NIV)
- We care about…Our stewardship to God in our sharing of the Gospel to the lost in our community, especially those whom God has led to us and use our resources for the glory of God. “But who am I, and who are my people, that we could give anything to you? Everything we have has come from you, and we give you only what you first gave us!” (1 Chron 29:14 NLT)
We place our trust in God to provide for our needs as we place the needs of others before ours. (Phil 4:19; 2 Cor 8:9)
- We care about… Our relationship with others in ministering grace, acceptance and forgiveness to build up one another in love to the fullness of Christ’s image. We seek to follow Jesus’ example.
As leaders we serve others as servants in humility not lording over others. (Mt 20:26)
“He makes the whole body fit together perfectly. As each part does its own special work, it helps the other parts grow, so that the whole body is healthy and growing and full of love.” (Eph 4:16 NLT)
- We care about… Our Unity in Diversity : Our wide-ranging differences in personalities, cultures, races, languages, talents, and perspectives find our unity in Christ, as we have His love for one another to build up His body, our church. (1 Cor 12:12-31)